To align a window to left/right/top/bottom half of a screen with mouse you should go to 'settings editor' -> 'xfwm4' and uncheck 'wrap_windows' property. Now you can drag window beyond the edge of the screen to tile it. But what are keyboard shortcuts for such a tiling? XFCE 4.10 has that functionality, but I can't find keyboard shortcuts for it.
- Ubuntu – Tiling window management with Unity
- Ubuntu – XFCE Full Window Tile
- Ubuntu – Xubuntu tiling: how to maximize terminal window for partial tiling
- Ubuntu – xfce4 “tiling windows when moving to screen edge” not working
- Ubuntu – Ubuntu 18.04: Put window into screen corner
- Ubuntu – Tiling window management – triple tiling