The events that led to this situation are as follows:
- I tried to run The Wither 2 on Linux from GoG.com and installed the dependencies
(http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_2) using aptitude.
- I rebooted and it gets to the Ubuntu GNOME logo but not further than that, so I went to command line did
- I then removed the packages again and did
- It still did not work so I re-installed gnome shell and steam and after a while the machine boots again and everything seems to work.
- So I am back at the beginning: When I try to run the
start.shfile to start Witcher 2 I get an error saying there is no
I am using a GTX 750 with the drivers given by the additional drivers menu in Ubuntu.
After this experience I rather ask other people for help. I do not know how to install this package because there does not seem to be such a package.
EDIT: I searched for libgtk-x11-2.0.so and it found it in "/home/saur/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu" and in "/home/saur/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/"