Over time a user will have several problems with Ubuntu as any other OS in the world. What tools and terminal commands exist in Ubuntu to help diagnose how the problem occurred and help solve it if it can be done.
- Ubuntu Freezes after X time or when using Y app
- Ubuntu rebooted/hibernated/suspended all by itself
- Ubuntu not showing video or video has problems
- Ubuntu not making any sound or sound has problems
- Ubuntu not reading X drive (Pen drive, Internal Drive, External Drive…)
- Ubuntu slow
- Ubuntu not working with X hardware when connected
- Ubuntu network problem
Normally there is a couple of GUI tools or Terminal commands that Ubuntu experts typically mention first to use to do a first diagnosis of this. What GUI tools (in case the problem is not related to video or limits the user from using the GUI) and Terminal commands (In case GUI is not working) can a user use to diagnose and help himself to how to find/fix the problem.