After upgrading distribution from 16.04 to 18.04.1, both printers I have (Epson L805 and HP 7500A) have stopped working. Cups Log file for epson
test page show:
./base/gsicc_manage.c:1244: gsicc_open_search(): Could not find default_gray.icc ./base/gsicc_manage.c:2025: gsicc_set_device_profile(): cannot find device profile Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops Operand stack: [Job 2256] true [Job 2256] PID 21466 (/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster) stopped with status 1. [Job 2256] Hint: Try setting the LogLevel to "debug" to find out more. [Job 2256] PID 21467 (/opt/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr/cups/lib/filter/epson-escpr-wrapper) stopped with status 1. [Job 2256] Hint: Try setting the LogLevel to "debug" to find out more. [Job 2256] Can\'t open CUPS raster file. [Job 2256] PID 21469 (/usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd) exited with no errors. [Job 2256] End of messages [Job 2256] printer-state=3(idle) [Job 2256] printer-state-message="Filter failed" [Job 2256] printer-state-reasons=none
Using 64 bit epson driver for L805 printer (epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.30-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb driver) and lsb-9.2
I tried all of the following, with no success:
- Clear var/spool/cups.
- Uninstall and re-install printers and drivers.
- Use old driver from Epson, epson-inkjet-printer-l805_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb.
- Removed hplip v. 3.17.10 and installed hplip version 3.18.9 (latest)
- upgraded printer firmware to latest version.
- connected and installed as usb printer.
- tried previous epson driver (1.6.17-2). This has added the missing file epson-escpr-wrapper in usr/lib/cups/filter directory.