I have a Dell Latitude with Ethernet and Wireless (broadcomm) adapters. They were both working fine on 12.04.
I upgraded to 14.04.1 via the Software Manager. Since then I am unable to connect to the internet. Some info:
- I can connect to my wireless router
- I do get DHCP info from my router for both wireless and Ethernet
- When I boot to a sysrescuecd (the current version), I get internet access on both Ethernet and wireless.
- nm-tool shows me the same IP, prefix, gateway, and DNS in sysrescuecd as I get in Ubuntu.
Things I've tried:
– I've tried setting the managed=true in the NetworkManager.conf file
– tried setting the IPv6 to ignored (could not figure out how to disable it).
– ping www.google.com fails (I think the error is 'unknown host' but I forgot to write it down)
Any help or would be GREATLY appreciated; my searching thus far has not seemed to find a universal cure (the last 'cure' I saw was a clean install of 14.04.1)
Thanks in advance.
** UPDATE **
AzkerM and Wild Man,
First off, thanks so much for your quick response – each time I use this forum, I am impressed by folks like you who are so willing.
I was able to resolve the issue – see below – but if someone could please tell me why it resolved the issue, I think I'll gain a better understanding.
I was able to solve my issue by running
I found that in the following question at askubuntu
Can someone please let me know why this would solve the issue?