How can I get started with debugging my wireless problem?
- How can I tell whether or not Linux has recognized my wireless hardware at all?
- What are the main programs/daemons associated with wireless connectivity?
- Where are the log files for those programs?
- Do those programs have debug modes that I can access?
- How can I tell whether a bug is in a userspace program or in a driver?
Edit: This was originally a more complex question with other inquiries about wireless driver hacking and debugging. I have removed those bullet points and plan to create another question to cover them, possibly on Unix & Linux SE.