I've seen several references to 'Compiz Config' and a 'gnome config' application that seems to not be installed by default. Where do these config applications store their data? Is there a registry similar to Windows or are there just some files that I could edit by hand, if I really, really wanted to?
- Ubuntu – ‘Ubuntu Unity’ (for the Desktop)
- Ubuntu – the relationship between .gconf, .gnome2, .cache, .local, and other dot-file hierarchies in the home directory
- Ubuntu – how to remove tooltip message feature from all of Ubuntu 12.04 desktop and user applications
- Ubuntu – Where does Compiz store its configuration in Ubuntu 12.10
- Ubuntu – Seriously, dconf, gconf, gsettings… How to save the terminal settings