Can't make my custom Eclipse launcher work on 13.10 (fresh install).
See screenshot below:
The custom eclipse launcher on panel doesn't work.
Double click on Eclipse.desktop from file manager works but adds a new launcher with grey "?" icon. Eclipse is managed by the new grey launcher, not mine.
I can't just block and use the "?" launcher because it opens eclipse directly while I need to run my command.
I followed the following steps:
1) Unzipped eclipse into /opt/eclipse (repository is not an option).
2) Created custom gtk theme in /opt/eclipse/gtkrc-2.0-eclipse
3) Created /opt/eclipse/run.sh (the content is in the picture)
4) Installed gnome-panel and created a new launcher with custom icon and run.sh command
5) Opened the file manager, navigated to /usr/.../application and
dragged-dropped Eclipse.desktop onto panel
Hope it's all clear.
How can I make my custom launcher work as expected or, at least, make the grey one run my command?
Following the Sushantp606's instructions I got the launcher work, but the grey laucher still opens when I run eclipse.
Then… I looked for eclipse launchers with
locate .desktor | grep eclipse
and found this:
I changed the Icon in both with the right path and now the launcher with grey icon has the eclipse icon as expected. So dropped the one I've created.