This worked for me with Outlook 2010.
1) In the left hand navigation pane, click on (highlight) the .pst file where the "missing" emails should be showing. Or, if the emails are just "missing" from a folder or subfolder, click on that folder or subfolder.
2) Click on the "View" tab on the top of the Outlook window.
3) On the far left side of the ribbon in the "Current View" section, click on "Change View."
4) There should be 4 options:
5) "Hide Messages" is probably the option presently applied, so click on the option you would prefer instead, and your emails should appear in your email window in the format you have just selected.
6) If "Hide Messages" does not appear as an option, click on any option other than the one presently applied and let the drop down box disappear. Your emails should appear in the email window in the format you have just selected. Then click on "Change View" again and choose your original format (assuming that this format is still what you want), or choose another option altogether. Your emails should now appear in the email window in the original or newly-selected format.
Follow these steps.
Now open Outlook and set your profile with the emails you want. In addition see more information here