I have a few questions on tables and Indexed tables and its storage, Here is my first image where i have taken an example with Northwind database and Table name is Orders. Orders Table is with 9 indexes and Orders1 table has no indexes which i had replicated with statement(select * into orders1 from orders).
- I had checked the space of table Orders and Orders1 where i found the index size is of Orders Table is more than data size and in Orders1 Only i can find Data Size is less.
- Question 1:Is index size in orders table is cumulative of 9 indexes? or Its a single clustered index(as shown in below Fig.2)
- Question 2:Each index partition shown below in Fig.2 has 830 rows is that mean to have duplicate page data on disk or memory?
- Question 3:Does Non-Clustered index occupy space on disk or only Clustered Index?
- Question 4:How does fill factor effect on storage of these clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- How does index occupy size on disk(any references links/books/blog)?
Answers are welcome and greatly appreciated.