I'm using a 13-inch 2013 macbook air with 4gb memory, and after a near disaster with a spilt drink I've realised I need to start backing it up. I don't know what size external hard drive I need though, as I don't want to spend lots of money on something if it's not entirely necessary. Any suggestions?
MacOS – External Hard Drive size
hard drivemacbook promacos
- Grey screen apple logo prohibitory sign etc MacBook 2009
- MacBook – Need advice: should I open the back of a 2013 Retina MacBook Pro as a means to recover data
- My WD external drive unmounted itself and now does not work
- MacOS – Is macOS known to completely crash due to a bad boot drive
- Macbook Pro early 2007 SSD to the new Macbook Air 2017 install
- MacOS Catalina RAM usage – 2GB at boot
Sidenote: Networked backups using Apple’s Time Capsule is a reliable, wireless, way that is equally viable and definitely more convenient. The obvious con of this solution is the price-tag.
Assuming your internal drive is no bigger than 500GB, here is the drive I would recommend: HGST Touro 1 TB 5400-RPM USB 3.0 External Hard Drive.