I have a MacBook that requires a MagSafe charger, but my charger broke in mid 2016. My MacBook was holding 40%+ charge and no longer being charged. I am wondering if I can still charge it today? If yes, I am going to order a charger online.
MacBook – My MacBook isn’t charged since 2016, can I still charge now
- MacBook unibody 2010 will not charge reliably
- MacBook Air 2012 won’t charge or boot
- MacBook – What are the minimum requirements to charge the 2016 MacBook Pros
- MacBook – Other than speed, is there a reason that a 10W iPad charger shouldn’t charge a new MacBook Pro 2016
- MacBook – How to reset a magsafe charger that doesn’t charge macbook pro’s battery
- Macbook charge cable doesn’t work in the macbook. Macbook #2’s cable works in the macbook. Why isn’t the macbook able to charge with the cable
- MacBook – Charge the macbook pro late 2012 60W (A1425) with a 24W usb-magsafe charger – is this safe
There's no other way to find out than to try it.
In general there's nothing that says that a battery must stop working because it hasn't been charged in two years - batteries like those really age more due to heavy use rather than lying around on a shelf. So unless something bad happened to the computer or the battery over those two years, it is probably going to work just fine.