In preparation for selling a used Apple Pencil, should it be unpaired or reset in any way (so the new owner can pair it with his or her iPad Pro)? Is the Apple Pencil tied exclusively to the iPad Pro it's been paired with? If it does need to be reset, how?
IPad – Reset used Apple Pencil in preparation for sale
- IOS – How to restrict an iOS app to iPad Pro only
- IOS – way to name an Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro
- Care and feeding of the 1st gen Apple Pencil and its battery
- IPad – How to ‘reconnect’ an Apple pencil 2 to iPad pro
- Protective film for iPad 10.2
- IPadOS 14.2 – Unable to find Apple Pencil double tap settings
Apple Pencil is a Bluetooth device and is not tied to the iPad its paired with any more so than Bluetooth headphones are.
You can also manually make your iPad forget the Bluetooth association (go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap the "i" button across from Apple Pencil > tap Forget) but that doesn't affect the Pencil in any way other than you'd need to re-pair to use it again.