What security does iMessages provide or is it open and subject to the security of the connection used to send the messages?
IOS – Is iMessages secure
- IOS – Can’t switch iMessages on
- IPhone – Contact switched to Android; how to send texts instead of iMessages
- IPad – Synchronization: iMessages on Mac not iPad
- IPhone – Messages app on Mac syncing text messages but not iMessages
- IPhone – How do i unlink the iMessages between mac and iPhone
- How to send imessages to non-iphone users on the macbook os x, if I don’t have an iphone
- Does turning iMessage off remove previous iMessages and text messages
- IOS – “Keep” function in iMessages iOS 10
iMessages are transmitted with TLS (SSL) encryption, and the saved messages on your devices will be encrypted (like all other data), but the message contents themselves aren't encrypted. I'm not aware that Apple has publicly stated whether they store any iMessages on their servers, and how they might be encrypted.