Had to recover my computer using Internet Recovery. For some reason it installed Mountain Lion instead of the Mavericks OS I previously had. How did this happen?
Internet Recovery loads ML instead of Mavericks
- MacOS – Mavericks setup fails: “the recovery system can’t be created”
- IMac – OS X Not Booting into Internet Recovery
- MacOS – Is it possible to generate or update a recovery parition
- MacOS – Can’t seem to get into internet recovery mode
- MacBook – macOS High Sierra internet recovery is frozen
- MacOS – Internet Recovery booting to old OS
- MacOS – Which Macs support macOS internet recovery
Internet Recovery will install the OS that came with the Mac, regardless of whether you updated it at a later date. Once a Mountain Lion is installed, update it it Mavericks through the Mac App Store.